One of Traditional Tours’ most popular courses is the cookery programme.
The idea behind the course is to offer foreign students the chance to experience the tastes of Spain; homeland of the delicious tapas and paella. Key words of the trip are food, culture, education and fun.
The course consists of 3 cookery demonstrations in the hotel (with interpreter and recipes) and visits related to the Spanish food.
During the stay, groups can combine the cookery based activities with popular excursions around our region.
An example of a group programme (can be adapted to your needs):
Half board or full board in a hotel in Rosas
- Day 1: Arrival at the hotel with dinner.
- Day 2: Visit to the Eco-Museum “La Farinera” in Castelló d’Empúries, possibility to make your own bread. In the afternoon excursion to Girona (60 km from Rosas) with its Gothic Cathedral, Arabian baths, Jewish Quarter and Ramblas. Dinner at the hotel including a cookery demonstration of a Spanish starter.
- Day 3: A full day in Barcelona (150 km). Dinner at the hotel including a cookery demonstration of a Spanish main course.
- Day 4: A morning excursion to a wine co-operative in Vilajuiga (10 km from Rosas), with possibilities to make your own wine, treading the grapes. Traditional Spanish tapas for lunch in Rosas. In the afternoon a trip to Figueras (17 km) to visit the Dalí Museum. Dinner at the hotel including a cookery demonstration of a Spanish dessert.
- Day 5: In the morning a boat trip to Cadaqués (a picturesque fisherman’s village where Salvador Dalí lived, 17 km from Rosas). For lunch: a paella demonstration and lunch in a restaurant in Rosas (with recipe). In the afternoon, a visit to the fish auction at the harbour of Rosas. Dinner at the hotel.
- Day 6: Departure after breakfast.