Roses; beautifully situated in the curved bay of Roses with its long, sandy beaches, is an old fisher village transformed into a modern small town, buzzing with life without losing its traditions. Surrounded by several nature parks and with the Pyrenees only two hours away, Roses is one of the best starting points for walking tours and excursions. (Light/moderate walking, ideal for all age groups including senior citizens).[box title="Group Programmes" color="#ff6600"]
- Day 1: arrival at the hotel in Roses, welcome drink and dinner.
- Day 2: Morning: market in Roses.
Half day guided tour – an easy walk in la Salud area enjoying the beautiful lake and mountain scenery.
- Day 3: Full day guided trip to Vall de Nuria. A breathtaking train journey in to the Pyrenees on the Rack Railway from Ribes de Freser to Vall de Nuria (2000 meters).
Lunch (buffet). Light guided walk in Vall de Nuria (1,5 hrs).
Train back from Vall de Nuria to Ribes de Freser , on the way back short stops at Castellfollit de la Roca, in the volcanic region of la Garrotxa and Besalu ,a lovely medieval village.
- Day 4: Boat trip to the picturesque fisherman’s village of Cadaques and guided walk in the area, with optional visit to the house of Salvador Dalí in Port Lligat.
- Day 5: Full day guided trip to Barcelona.
- Day 6: Half day light guided walk in the nature reserve the Aiguamolls de l’Emporda.
- Day 7: Departure after breakfast.